Table of Contents
Don’t Neglect Trimming and Pruning Your Trees
Properly trimming, thinning, and pruning trees improves the health, appearance, and safety of trees on your property. Whether you own residential or commercial property, you should never neglect these positive tree services. If you’re serious about the health of your trees, you must perform these essential procedures each year.
It’s better to be on the safe side of things than to allow limbs to fall on someone, permit your trees to become diseased or let them spread diseases to neighboring trees. Our team of experts has the experience and expertise to correctly trim, thin, and prune all varieties of trees.
Reasons for Trimming Your Trees
It’s important to know the common reasons for pruning trees in South Florida, these include:
- Removing dead branches
- Taking off dying branches
- Removing diseased branches
- Pruning over-crowded branches
- Removing hazardous branches
Any of these procedures require skill in the placement of cuts and the techniques used for the best results. Our team receives specialized training to care for your trees and knows the best time of year to prune.
Types of Tree Diseases in Florida
Trees in South Florida can develop diseases that need professional attention. Diseases can kill trees or be passed on to other trees on your property or someone else’s property. These trees can become an unwanted risk and structurally unstable.
Ideally, you will catch the disease early enough, so the tree only needs pruning rather than to be cut down entirely. Different diseases attack different parts of trees, such as the limbs, foliage, roots, or stems. The following are common tree diseases that occur throughout Florida:
- Annosus Root Disease is a fungus that affects pine trees.
- Brown Spot Needle Blight is also a fungus that primarily affects long needle pines.
- Fusiform Rust is a destructive disease caused by a fungus.
- Ganoderma is a pathogen that attacks root systems.
- Laurel Wilt is a fungus introduced by the ambrosia beetle.
- Oak Wilt is caused by a fungal pathogen.
- Westwood and Slime Flux cause significant trunk rot in hardwoods.
Any of these tree diseases need immediate attention before they cause serious problems.
Common Insect Problems in Florida Trees
Almost 400 different bugs and insects live in Florida, and some of them attack, infest, and kill trees. Some of them kill trees directly, while others introduce disease, and still, others strip off bark and leaves. You must control the following insects and bugs or your trees will suffer the consequences.
- Asian Citrus Psyllids lay eggs on fruit or leaves, and the larvae eat buds and leaves. They carry a bacterium that affects tree sap and prevents nutrients from circulating well.
- Dogwood Borers lay eggs on tree bark, and the larvae enter tree wounds. They find their way into living wood and can cause serious issues.
- Red Spider Mites and Aphids attack flowering fruit and deciduous trees. They lay eggs that become larvae that suck fluids from leaf cells and eat tree sap.
- Tent Caterpillars are moths that wrap silk around tree branches. They lay eggs in trees that result in larvae that feed on buds, flowers, and leaves. Typically, they do not kill trees, but they do leave them vulnerable to other pests and diseases.
- Pine Bark Beetles accumulate on weakened trees and lay their eggs in the inner bark. The larvae eat the bark and reproduce within it.
Learn more about other common Florida tree insects that are steadily becoming a problem for our trees and plants.
Tree Trimming Services Available in Hialeah
Tree trimming, pruning, and thinning services take on many forms to correct issues. We practice all the following to keep your trees healthy and thriving:
- Crown Thin: Reduces the chance of storm damage and allows sunlight and penetration.
- Reduction: Reduces the chance of storm damage and increases tolerance of overhead obstacles.
- Dead Wood Removal: Decreases the likelihood of injury and damage to people and property by reducing liability and increasing tree health.
- Canopy Raising: Increases visibility around trees and creates easy access to trunk areas
- Vista Pruning: Provides an excellent alternative to removing a tree to increase that “million-dollar” view.
- Stump Removal: We grind stumps from 8-18 inches below ground surface and exposed roots below the surface.
- Root Pruning: Root pruning cuts roots underground. Roots are often the cause of structural damage. Root pruning may also be performed before the start of construction or excavation to reduce damage to the tree and eliminate structural damage from roots in the future.
- Tree Removal: We recommend tree removal when the tree is hazardous, causing obstruction, dead, dying, or when construction is involved. Even when we cannot use a bucket truck due to a hard-to-reach area, we have the experience and expertise to remove any tree in any situation safely.
Keep your trees beautiful and healthy by using these services that are available at affordable costs by our team of professionals. Additionally, you can check out testimonials from our thousands of satisfied customers who refer their friends and family to us. Remember, it is important to have your trees inspected before a major Hurricane. Prepare your trees for hurricane season now.