The primary reason for undertaking stump grinding is to take tree stumps away from sight.
However, there are other reasons to grind a tree stump:
- It is a danger for hitting or tripping while mowing the lawn.
- The stump can be a new home for ground bees, ants, fungi, pests, or bacteria.
- It can evolve into an unattractive sight.
- Some roots may be above the ground and become a danger for mowing or walking.
- If you live in a residential association-controlled establishment, removal may be mandatory.
- Some cities have regulations that demand their removal.
Furthermore, you may want to use the area for ground down below planting flowers, vegetables, or grass or water fountain or for building. If you’re going to do that, you should top up the hole with soil, fertilizer, and organic matter, and then you can take it away. Just make sure the stump doesn’t contain any fungi or other matter that could adversely affect your new plants.
Removing Stumps and Roots Is Not Always Necessary
Stump grinding is beneficial over stump removal for a handful of reasons such as:
- The task is much simpler and quicker.
- The task uses useful tools and machinery.
- The procedure is cleaner than stump removal.
- It costs much less to grind stumps than to remove them.
- Stump Grinding is an eco-friendly procedure.
Stump removal is a more involving procedure that needs pulling and taking out a stump from the ground. The work necessitates the use of a lot of force compared to grinding and is possibly more dangerous.
While removal does eradicate the stump and its primary roots, with less probability of it sprouting again, this usually is necessary when the stump is diseased, or it is blocking another project.
What is the Cost of Miami Shores Stump Grinding Services?
You can have a stump ground for as little as $75 per inch. However, it’s good to note that the pricing might vary. To determine the price of Miami shores stump grinding, we consider the following elements surrounding the stump:
- Diameter of stumps
- Age of stumps
- Number of stumps
Also, we look into the type of soil, size of the root, and the depth of grinding.
If you compare the price of stump grinding vs. removal, removal typically costs extra. Of course, there is a minimum service charge for either replacement or grinding.
Some companies allow a discount on other stumps you need removed or ground from your property. As stated above, Stump grinding ranges from $75 to a few hundred per each, and stump removal costs between $350 to $700. Irregularly huge stumps that take more time to remove or grind will cost you extra. You should also ask if there is an additional charge for taking out the debris.
Why You Should Choose Us for Stump Grinding Services in Miami Shores
Affordable Tree Service has been offering a range of tree services in the Miami Shores area since 1985.
The following are some of the reasons you should partner with us:
- Our staff members are qualified professionals stump grinding.
- We use advanced tools and equipment for stump grinding.
- Our team rigorously cleans up after the task is done.
- We use the safest processes in the tree service industry.
- We are insured and licensed for the maximum protection of our clients.
Our friendly professionals will meet you on-site for a free examination and estimate of all costs for our tree services. Clients’ satisfaction is our priority, and we provide numerous reliable services that are specific, quick, effective, and affordable. We understand the local tree environment in Miami shores and will help you with keeping your trees and property good looking and healthy.
Resources and References: