Types of Tree Diseases in Florida
Trees develop a variety of diseases that need expert attention. Diseases can kill trees or be shared on to other trees within your property or neighbor’s property. These trees can become an unrequired risk and weak
In the best-case scenario, you will notice the disease early enough, so the tree only needs pruning instead of cutting down altogether. Multiple diseases attack various parts of trees, such as the foliage, limbs, stems, or roots. Below are common tree diseases that affect trees in Miramar:
- Laurel Wilt – A fungi infection caused by the ambrosia beetle.
- Annosus Root Disease – A fungi infection that infests pine trees.
- Fusiform rust – A fatal disease caused by fungi.
- Brown Spot Needle Blight – A fungal disease that mainly attacks long needle pines.
- Westwood and Slime Flux – Known for extensive trunk rot in hardwoods.
- Oak Wilt – Brought about by a fungal pathogen.
- Ganoderma – A pathogen that affects tree root systems.
Common Insect Problems in Florida Trees
Numerous bugs and insects thrive in Florida, and a portion infests, attack, and destroy trees. Some of these insects destroy trees directly, while others bring disease, and still, others strip off leaves and barks. You should control the following bugs and insects, or your trees will suffer in the long run.
- Tent Caterpillars are moths that wrap the silk around tree limbs. Their larvae feed on flowers, leaves, and buds. Typically, they do not kill trees but leave them vulnerable to other infestations and attacks.
- Dogwood Borers larvae enter tree wounds. They find their way into living trees and can cause severe damage.
- Asian Citrus Psyllids larvae eat leaves and buds. They carry bacteria that affect tree sap and inhibit nutrients from circulating well.
- Red Spider Mites and Aphids attack sprouting fruits and deciduous trees. Their larvae suck fluids from leaf cells and eat tree sap.
- Pine Bark Beetles gather on weak trees, their larvae eat the bark and replicate within it.
Learn more about other usual Florida tree insects that are gradually becoming an issue for our trees and plants.
Miramar Tree Trimming Services
Our Miramar Tree Trimming services include:
- Crown Thinning: Decreases the probability of storm damage and allows sunlight and light penetration.
- Tree Removal: Tree removal is Commonly done when the tree seems hazardous, obstructive, dead, dying, or when construction is involved.
- Reduction:Decreases the probability of storm damage and boosts tolerance of overhead distractions.
- Root Pruning: Roots are the cause of structural damage. Root pruning may also be done before the beginning of excavation or construction or to decrease damage to the tree and halt any structural damage from roots in the future.
- Vista Pruning: a great alternative to taking out a tree for a better view.
- Dead Wood Removal: Reduces the chances of injury and damage to property and cost by decreasing liability and increasing tree wellbeing.
- Canopy Raising: Boosts visibility around trees and creates quicker access to trunk areas.
Keep your trees attractive and good-looking by hiring these services that are available at reasonable prices by our team of experts. Moreover, you can check out testimonials from our multiple satisfied customers who refer their friends and family to us. Remember, it is essential to have your trees inspected before a major Hurricane. Prepare your trees for hurricane season now
Resources and References: